Saturday, September 13, 2014

Lucy, taking over Literacy Training on the veranda of the cubicle I live in once a month.
Within a few weeks, this dear student went from barely holding a pencil to
sounding out and reading words.  She'll be reading her Bible soon!
Oryem John, my 'son' from Obbo, blessed me with a visit this past week.  John pastors a church in S. Sudan and is a faithful, humble, loving soul.  Last night he called to tell me his wife delivered a baby girl.  
I had the honor of naming her!  Abigail: 'her father's joy' (PS they later decided 'Teresa' was a better name. YAY!)
On their way back to school
So many wonderful things happening that I didn't have time to share them all with you.

A few weeks back we joined a team in Latodore Village in the bush of NE Uganda.  I have many happy memories ministering to this isolated people group.  It was a huge blessing to return and reconnect.  Fred and Susan have taken the baton this past year and now lead a small group of followers there. Pics next time.
Hosting my Acholi family in my village cubicle.  I feel so blessed!

Adyero Lucy with her daughters and precious new granddaughter
Lucy's daughter Patricia packed and ready to return to school
This past week I again traveled back to Kitgum, where my heart is, to continue language learning, and whatever else the Lord leads us to do.  Everyday I spent there was so full of joy.  My dear friends, more like family, came from S. Sudan for a visit.  We at long last had some time to catch up on things and plan for future ministry.  In October we will travel to Pajok and Obbo S. Sudan for a week of ministry.  The funnest part is that Lucy and I plan to take the pastor's wives away for a mini-retreat!  (Probably the only one they've had ... ever).  These amazing ladies have 7 children of their own, plus all the others they care for and minister to.  We pray God use us to bless and encourage them as they continuously and selflessly serve everyone around them.

No comments:

Post a Comment