Saturday, May 16, 2015

Latodore - Kitgum Travels

O'ket James, from my home church in Gulu, leads worship
Sometimes there's worship and other times there's WORSHIP!
This unusual house made of sandbags is FINALLY, after 4 years,
being occupied.  It's such a cool house!  We enjoyed!
Was blessed to reconnect with long-time friend Katherine
and to see dear sweet Doreen from Latodore.
Hellen and Lucy you know if you follow my posts at all ...
they are always there ... we are great trio if I do say so myself.
Sorry for strange layout. Blogspot isn't the  most cooperative place to format.

You may recall some time back my involvement in a ministry to a little remote village called Latodore.  For a few years, we would travel there for 2-3 days each week to build relationships and teach the Word.  This was a place where most had NEVER heard about Jesus. Our dear Kenyan friends Fred and Susan have continued the work.

This past weekend, we got to re-visit this village very dear to my heart and to reconnect with some dear people.  It was such a sweet time of fellowship, worship, prayer, and refreshment.  We stayed up past midnight sharing struggles and praying for one another.  Then, joyfully exhausted, shared a hut with 5 dear women and a cute little boy named Paul.

Then, our team of 5, plus a few we gathered along the way, traveled back to Kitgum to meet up with our Acholi family from S. Sudan.  I rent a small cubicle on Lucy's compound which serves as our family home. Anyone passing through Kitgum now has a place to feel comfortable and fellowship with whomever might be around at the time.  There were 17 1/2 of us (counting Lucy's family and baby Teresa)
Joy!  Joy!  Joy!
Liz, my close friend in Gulu joined us this trip &
thoroughly enjoy meeting all these wonderful people
She's helping the ladies shell g'nuts (peanuts).

This is that unique house from the outside view ...
oh ... and Fanuel and James
Growing up in a family of 12 happy people makes me so enjoy a houseful!  Not that there aren't challenges to 'personal space' at times, but mostly, my heart is overflowing to be with these people whom I have grown to love and respect so much over the years.

We did lots of praying, worshiping, sharing, and laughing together.  We shared some struggles, some victories, and some future plans, and it was heaven on earth to me.  God worked in all of our lives in so many ways. All I can say in response is THANK YOU JESUS for allowing me to be a part of this!

Johnney ... always, always a joy to be around!
(that's our little family cubicle in Kitgum)

These 3 .... love them all so much!
That's little Eli Ocira on the left whom I've know for 7 yrs.
and who isn't so 'little' anymore.  Awesome guys!
Liz in our family home with Eli & newly arrived orphaned children
Apio Desire and Ocen Denis. God has good plans for them!
Pastor George & his wife Flo will foster them.

Evening Worship in our Kitgum home.  HEAVENLY!!


No comments:

Post a Comment