Saturday, August 22, 2015

Another Season Begins

My amazing mother and awesome son Charlie.
Some of you may not get my newsletter or follow on Facebook, so I'd like to dedicate this blog post to making sure that everyone who has partnered with me in some way is aware of recent changes.

My mom, Lila, now 88, is suffering from dementia.  As the disease takes more and more of her mind, her need for care increases. This is where life-change is necessary for me.

It is without a doubt that God has put a passion in my heart 
to reach the children of Uganda … and beyond.
He has confirmed that call in my heart over and over, and opened doors beyond belief.  

In February, as I desperately sought direction, the Holy Spirit, our guide as Christians, 
made it very clear that it was time to fulfill my role as daughter and 
commit my life for a season to care for my mom.

My work  in developing Christ-centered education will continue, 
both during my time in the states and, Lord willing, for the rest of my life.  
I will also coordinate ongoing ministries from Oregon (thank you Lord for internet).  


My two favorite boys in Uganda: Ocira Eli and Odong Eston.
I have been in their lives since they were babies.
Other than my temporary location shift and time with my dear mother, 
everything else will continue and remain the same.

I don’t know what the future holds exactly.  
But, I know Who holds my future in His hands and His ways are always amazing!

I have been overwhelmed and blessed deep in my heart 
by the love and support you all have given me.

My deepest struggle in leaving Uganda for a season is my love for two amazing boys: 
Ocira Eli and Odong Eston!  
Please pray God hold them and keep them safe and loved while I’m away!

Here's what's happening currently:
Educator Development Center: Graduation in November!  Trainees have received amazing training in areas such as: Old/New Testament Survey, Creating a Biblical World View, Retooling and Rethinking for Multi-Grade Teaching, Biblical Life Skills and so much more.  God has put together an amazing team! In October, I get to join them for the final term, and then in March 2016 our first Village Learning Centers will kick off!
Village Learning Centers:
George and Lucy continue weekly Bible teachings for the children (and adults) in our 1st Village Learning Center site — Kampala Anyuka. Exciting things are ahead!
Also, George and his wife Flo have taken in 2 orphans to add to the 7 children they currently have. Apiyo Desire and Ocen Denis are at last in a stable, loving, godly home. We hear that Ocen now smiles & plays. They are both loved now. Thank you Jesus!
Roots to Fruits Curriculum:
Phase 1 of curriculum is targeted to go to print by the end of the year, Lord willing.  It seems He is planning to actually provide a Printing Press for the project.  Again: Wow!
Kitgum Quarterly Retreats:
As I have been sharing, my home church in Gulu has partnered with me in ministering to my Acholi family from Kitgum & S. Sudan.  Please pray with us as this continues — that these amazing people will find new strength and courage to be lights of God’s love in every area of their lives. Especially within their families.  Let them be godly examples worthy of following.
October to S. Sudan:
Upon my return, we will be taking a team to minister to our Acholi brothers and sisters in 
S. Sudan.  Please pray that every detail will be in line with His perfect, loving will.
Mid-December Return:
In mid-December, I will return to the USA to care for my mom as long as I am needed.  
I will store my things in Kitgum and maintain my $20 a month apartment to serve as a guest house for our Christian family passing through, for prayer and worship gatherings, children's church, and whatever else God wants to use it for.  It is His sanctuary for us!

Again, my deepest thanks to all of you who are sticking with us through these changes.  
You can be sure His work will continue!!  He Who started a work will complete it!!!!!!!
Akera Samuel- a humble, godly man -
contemplates question on Term 1 Exam
He will be an amazing Educator!




No comments:

Post a Comment