Wednesday, May 11, 2016

May 2016

Just to update you ... I am still here in the good ol' U.S.of A.  I continue to care for my dear 89 year old mother here in Ashland, but am still very much involved in the ministries God has called me to.  Before I update you on that, did you know that this amazing women I am caring for has lovingly raised 10 children; and she now has 65 grandchildren (including great and great-great).  And though this time is challenging beyond measure, I am so thankful for the opportunity to serve my beautiful mom. She has always been there for her children, and this is my time to give back to her.
David and Eli enjoying the pictures I sent them.
Meanwhile,
back in Uganda …
I continue to communicate weekly with Lucy and George.  Lucy is caring for our precious little Eli and now his big brother David. She will also be having Eston over once per month to see ‘our’ side of his family.  He’s not so happy being the ‘orphan’ in his current family – orphans are definitely at the bottom of the pecking order. And in Uganda they are many.

Eli, Benson (one of our Educators), me and precious Eston.
George and Lucy continue to visit Kampala-Anyuka where one of our two Village Learning Centers is in full operation.  George and Lucy have been going through the Bible with the children, as well as the many adults that also enjoy attending.

George and his wife Flo continue to care for Apiyo and her tiny twin brother Ocen Denis.  This week their older sister showed up at George’s – broken-hearted.  Her uncle treats her cruelly and physically abuses her. She ran to the safest place she knew.  George will go through the proper channels to keep her in his home where she will be loved and cared for … and reunited with her siblings.  What a blessing to see God loving on His children -- no orphans in His kingdom!

Also: our curriculum – so exciting!  As we speak, the ‘Roots to Fruits’ Curriculum is being piloted at several Ugandan schools: three Watoto Schools, Oasis of Hope in Kampala and Gulu, Restoration Gateway in Karuma, and Abaana’s Hope in Gulu. Keith and Lisa recently visited the Watoto schools and found the teachers faithfully using the curriculum with positive results! Miraculous!

We look with anticipation to the changes that will take place as the children of Uganda develop a Biblical worldview through this curriculum and the work of the Holy Spirit; and, as we train and disciple teachers in the way God is leading. (Thankfully, I am able to commit 10-20 hours per week to curriculum work.)


Future Disciples and World Changers
And finally, in October, I will be traveling back to Uganda for a month. While there, I am blessed to join Keith and Lisa. We will visit and evaluate progress at the Village Learning Centers and pilot schools. And, Lord willing, I will travel to S. Sudan to encourage our Acholi family there.  We are pre-arranging some visits and looking for open doors as God leads to minister to the Muslim Women in Sudan.

No comments:

Post a Comment