Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Arrived in Kitgum

HAPPY NEW YEAR to you all! 
At last, I've arrived safely into Kitgum.  I was greeted by the beautiful children you see here; along with Zane, Summer (also pictured) and my new roomie Brianna.
Pastor Zane and his wife Summer are also from Oregon and God has miraculously called them to Kitgum as well.  This amazing couple have a passionate heart for orphans and as you can see in this photo, are doing all they can to give these precious ones a loving family and a godly upbringing.  What a blessing it is to wake up to the sound of children playing and lay down at night to their evening worship time. I couldn’t have asked for a better place to live or more wonderful people to serve with! God’s plans are always so much better than my own! 
In the photo you see Summer and 12 of her 13 children in front of my new quarters, which are so much nicer than I imagined.  I still need to get a bed, a desk and maybe shelves; but it is more than adequate.  I even have a shower and flushing toilet (when we have water). Thanks for your prayers. God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment